Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's Christmas Eve Eve!

As I sit here and listen to Christmas music while watching puppy contemplate what she can chew on next, I thought why not update my blog. I've been neglecting it again. And I apologize.

I've also realized that it's hard to type and sing songs at the same time. I keep typing everything Chris Tomlin is singing to me.

I know I said that I'd keep up with my blog. Try to post something a couple of times a week. But I really have nothing interesting to talk about and I don't want to just ramble on about nothing in particular. I wanted to give you a nice, short update, though. Since I last posted there has been a lot going on. Holiday, sickness, birthdays, puppy rescuing, baking, shopping.

Christmas ( my favorite time of year ) is approaching! In fact, it's Christmas Eve Eve! I am so excited that it's  finally here.

I know a lot of people have family traditions, and we're not any different. On Christmas Eve, it's usually just my mom and I. We order a pizza and watch Christmas movies. And there's usually some last minute gift wrapping to do! I have a feeling that part of the tradition will remain again this year. We're running out of time to get everything done. Does everyone else do the same thing? As the holiday gets closer, you get more hurried and stressed about everything?

On Christmas morning Mom and I open our gifts to each other and then we let our animal's open their gifts. (They usually like the wrapping better than the presents.) We finish up cooking/baking and watch the Christmas Day Parade before going to my grandparent's just up the road. The whole family is there and we're usually there ALL day.

We're supposedly supposed to get rain, ice, and accumulating snow on Christmas night into Wednesday. Looks like it will be hibernation time at my house. We live in the country so it's next to impossible to go anywhere (even out of our driveway) until the sun melts it.



Anyway, since this is a baking blog I'll mention a little about my cupcakes.

I got to make a few of some really nifty, seasonal cupcakes this month. I'll have some pictures up in the next blog. I hope you like the pictures!



~Merry Christmas~

No comments:

Post a Comment